Sunday, November 25, 2007

The last week of November

Today is Sunday, November 25, 2007. Yesterday my friends and I celebrated our Thanksgiving. We went to a mid-afternoon dinner in Itaewon. An Austrian chef fixed us the whole sha-bang. Turkey, mashed potatoes, yams, and pie. We had a wonderful time. Christmas here is not as commercialized as it is back in the states. This is nice as it doesn't make me feel like I need to run out and buy gifts and spend a ton of money. In fact here, they basically celebrate on Christmas day and thats really it. There are no displays going up in October, Christmas music on the radio 24/7. It seems to be more religiously celebrated here than a commercial for stores to make money. Anyway...last night my friends and I went dancing had a good time. Enjoyed ourselves and several bottles of soju. I am finding here in Korea, most Koreans are soooo helpful to foreigners. Especially the ones they know are teachers. The lady who owns the convenience store in my apt building orders pizza for me to be delivered. Strangers help me on the subway find where I need to go. The trainers at my gym, even w/ their limited English will do everything they can to communicate with me. It's a rather uplifting feeling. Have a great week and look for my update next Sunday!!

No comments: